Thursday, January 9, 2014

A New Life




Switching gears for some people may be challenging, but for others it is an everyday part of life. 

Today, I switched life gears. I went from campground RV dweller to homeowner in a matter of minutes. 

Sixty minutes to be exact. Our house closing took an hour of paperwork signing, and with each signature of commitment, we were one step closer to living a brand new life. 


Never Ending Paper work!


With all the excessive paperwork, I barely absorbed what was about to come to fruition.  And then it happened!  The keys were handed to me, in a mini gift bag, on News Year Eve 2013.  

The moment it felt real


Everything I had done up to this point was to get to this moment.  My dream home was real.  The home, I didn't know I needed or wanted or could grow to love as my own, until the moment it became real.  

The reality of the situation was it wasn't about the actual house, it was more about what the home represented. 

Stability 
Comfort
Family Moments
Meals around the table
Cooking for my family 
Family Movie Night


We finally had a common place for ALL of us to call home after almost five years apart.  

No amount of money, sacrifice, or time could compare to this moment realizing everything had finally come together.  

Life as we knew it would change, our family has come home. 


Jack getting a snack!


James making himself at home


We have plenty of space to be settled, all together again.  I will share the good and the not so good.  I will compare life in a house to life in a camper and I will memorialize all those cherished moments we should never forget. 

Living Life - One Dream at a time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment