Friday, January 17, 2014

Good things come.....

....to those who wait. 

In a society that has evolved and has freely welcomed instant gratification, there truly is something to be said about living life with a little easy going patience.  

We all want things, but how many of those 'so called' wants are really all that important?

Each day we wake up with muddled thoughts in our heads forming the 'must dos' of our day.  Our wants intertwined so delicately with our needs.  

Those nagging feelings prioritizing the most important items that will ultimately create our day. 

We often find ourselves wishing for more, hoping for better.  A better life filled will all those things we think we are lacking. 

How often are we just satisfied with contentment?  That quiet knowing that our life desires have already been quenched, revealing themselves when the time is right. 

My thoughts spiraled around these ideas this morning as I stood in my beautiful, luxurious shower.  I realized something so profound, yet simple.  

I have waited patiently, and something good came to me.  

I have showered in many places, some good, while many not so good.  As particular as I am about my showers, I tend to take whatever I can get without complaint, finding the good in simply having a shower. 

In the meantime, I can finally say I have the most fabulous place to shower and it's all mine.  I get to keep this aspect of my life consistent.  I feel deserving of my shower.  I have earned my glorious morning routine.  

My shower is not a public shower. The water temperature is ideal.  The water pressure is superb.  My shower is open and spacious.  It is just what I have always "wanted".

I absolutely could step it up, making it a semi-outdoor shower, with additional shower heads, massaging my entire body while living in the Caribbean or Costa Rica.  Maybe in another life, one day in the far future. 

In the meantime, today, I am happy, content and satisfied to begin each morning in my favorite place.  My wants and needs equally being satisfied.  



We send our little wishes out into the abundant universe .  They always come back and surprise us when we least expect it.  I am sure I will always find new wishes to release, but never without gratitude for those wishes already fulfilled.  

No comments:

Post a Comment